Gender Caucus Core Programme
The WSIS Gender Caucus is a multi-stakeholder group comprising women and men from national governments, civil society organizations, non-governmental organizations, the private sector and the United Nations system. It is uniquely positioned to make a focused and powerful intervention in the WSIS process, outcome and follow-through.
Programme Activity Highlights
1. On-line consultation on the WSIS Plan of Action.
2. A team of advocacy and lobbying specialists will be participating in PrepCom3 and leading the interventions on behalf of the Gender Caucus. To make contributions to this team effort, please contact Magaly Pazello. The team will be posting updates from PrepCom3 on the wsis-gc mailing list and website.
3. Capacity building activities beginning with our September 13, 2003 Skills Training Session which focuses on Advocacy and Lobbying for Change. This Session coincides with PrepCom 3 in Geneva, Switzerland. Further details are available at www.genderwsis.org/capacityactivities.html.
4. Research on national preparations for WSIS and publication of a multilingual Sourcebook. This publication is a ready reckoner and how-to tool for organizing national gender advocacy programmes for the WSIS, and includes briefing on national activities in 35 or more countries with contact details of national organizers. Sourcebook available here.
5. Updated website www.genderwsis.org which provides all relevant information and documents relating to WSIS and gender issues.
6. The GC mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org provides information, updates and news on launching of discussion groups and forums. Please register for this mailing list at http://lists.genderwsis.org/mailman/listinfo/wsis-gc.
7. The Caucus has launched its events programme for December 2003. We invite your partnership and participation in these events, which include an exhibition, celebratory activities and a multistakeholder dialogue series. For further details see www.genderwsis.org/dec2003events.html and contact our events team at email@example.com.
We have charted out a strategic plan of action, which would be delivered by a number of Task Teams. The Task Teams which are in place are the following:
We look forward to working with you to make a difference during WSIS!
WSIS Gender Caucus Steering Committee firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2003 WSIS Gender Caucus